Please note that there are also content requirements for your Talkguest listings in order to be able to connect them with HomeAway/VRBO.
Vrbo/HomeAway Listings Approval Content Guidelines:
- Listing title must include at least 20 characters (max of 80)
- Address has to be present: address, city, country_code, zip
- Description must include at least 400 characters
- Each listing provides at least 6 photos, with a recommended size of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Bedroom and bathroom count should be included for each listing
- Rental type has to be set
- Rates have to be set in:
- Default base rate
- Nightly rates
- Tax information
- Your rental must have a Rental Agreement
- Cancellation policy must be specified
- Payments methods must be specified
- A payment gateway must be linked to the Talkguest account
- Maximum field length restrictions: Description: 10000, Summary: 80, Photo description: 400
- Registration number must be specified for listings in jurisdictions that require it
- Check-in window and check-out must to be set in
- Number of guests must be set in
Default base rate
To enter a default base rate in Talkguest, go to Settings > Properties and Rentals, choose the property of the rental you are listing. Under the details tab fill the base price field.
To specify nightly rates in Talkguest, go to Prices > Calendar. Click on the calendar for the rental you want to set the rates for. On the modal dialog set the rate and period the dates for which it will be valid as well as any additional option you need.
To define fees in Talkguest, go to Settings > Properties and Rentals, choose the property of the rental you are listing. Under the details, tab fill the base price field on the Extra Charges section.
Talkguest does not support discounts but it does allow for price management at discounted rates. Go to Prices > Categories choose the rental and then apply % discount to the base or nightly price.
To define taxes, go to Settings > Properties and Rentals, choose the property of the rental you are listing. Under the Invoicing section fill the VAR tax for Stays and VAT tax for Channel Extras to setup your value-added tax rates.
Stay taxes are automatic you don’t need to set it up. We will send the most up-to-date rules to VRBO.